Wednesday 18 January 2012

Cold nights

"I lie on the left of this queen sized bed while facing the right side. Looking out at the window veiled by curtains, and seeing nothing but a glimmer of the skyscrapers' dim lights. He stands a one corner of the room, near the window.

I murmured, "If you never loved me, why play with my feelings then?"

Nothing but the gentle breeze is heard for a moment. He has no rebuttal to my contention. I continue lying down with my right hand extended in the event he wants to return.

"Just make sure you lock the door on your way out". It was an invitation to get the fuck outta here, except much much more subtle. Having these words blurted meant I have reached the point of return,where nothing can return to its original position, unscathed. O so I thought.

Taking gentle strides, I can hear him approaching the door located behind me. It was over, I thought to myself. Tiny torrents of emotional tears slid down my cheeks and wet the pillow which warms my head during this dark and chilly night.

Alas, I heard the knob of the door being locked and gently closed shut it went. I heard footsteps, but could not discern whether it meant he was moving away or coming closer. Is he going awa or is he coming closer?

I choose not to turn."




No comments: