Monday 13 June 2011

Make You Feel My Love

The first time I heard 'Make You Feel My Love' was the cover version by Kelly Clarkson in 2008 I think, it's only recently 13th June 2011, where I decided to listen to Adele's version, and my, did it send chills to my bones. I like the way she sings it, how she pines for another that will have feelings for her as well.

Well it's not like I can choose and have control over whomever I fall in love with. Things go out of hand, people fall in love with bad boys, instead of me; the good boy. The goody two-shoes who abide by the rules, or in informal malay, skema. Which also meant I used to hold on very strongly to morals, and heroic values, and was naive to think that everything is based on merit, which meant that I was sure someone would like me right? And how wrong I was. How devastated I was upon discovering that the world was twisted that true "Law & Order" did not exist. 'Bad boys', especially those who bear a gangsta demeanor or are the class clowns seem to be more attractive to members of the opposite sex, which befuddled me a huge deal. It made me realise that no one would be attracted to a nerd, a geek. Or a person, who ALWAYS sticks to moral high ground, and follows the rules all the time. I guess I tried to be 'cooler'. Whether it was successful or not remains a shrouded mystery.

Then there are those who wish to cut all ties and connections from you it seems, and choose to disappear from your life even when they consciously know that you harbour feelings for them.

On a completely unrelated note:
Lady Gaga's Judas is a song about forgiving your betrayer and yet falling in love with bad boys oer and over again. Nuff said, nay sayers who claim this song as 'blasphemous'. PUH-LEASE! I wouldn't mind listening to your opinion on the song/video, especially reasons why you dislike it.

No comments: